Next Classes Begin:
Term 4 2023, not yet on sale
Re-create a much loved, worn-out wardrobe item.
Learn how to copy an existing piece of clothing - make a pattern, sew and fit a toile. You will take home a pattern you can use to sew your copied garment.
The skills you will learn in this workshop will help you re-create all your much loved clothing items as they near the end of their life - those items are usually the ones that suit us and make us look our best, so they deserve to live on!
We recommend that you start by copying a basic uncomplicated style while you learn & practise new techniques. You may need to do some homework between the classes.
You will learn & practice the following techniques:
- How to trace, draw and prepare your pattern pieces (your pattern will be yours to keep and take home)
- How to stitch together & fit your toile (a test garment for perfecting your fit)
- How to transfer pattern alterations to your pattern
You will need to bring along:
- an article of clothing you would like to replicate
- Your sewing kit: scissors, tape measure, pins, tailors chalk etc.
- Your sewing machine, power cord, bobbins & accessories or if you prefer, use one of our lovely computerised machines
- Sewing machine needles
Next Class Begins:
Term 4, 2023 - tickets not yet on sale